AMCAT Logical Reasoning Paper



Like us on Facebook




All questions are Multiple-Choice-Questions with only one option as the correct answer.

Q1. The question shows a pair of words in which the first is related to the second in
some way. It is followed by a single word which bears a similar relation to one of the
given alternatives. Find the correct alternative to complete the analogy.

Melt:Liquid::Freeze: ?

a. Ice
b. Condense
c. Solid
d. Crystal

Q2. Fill in the blankGuilt is to Past as Hope is to ......

a. Present
b. Future
c. Today
d. Despair
e. Hopeless

Q3. From the given choices select the odd man out:

a. Bird
b. Kite
c. Crow
d. Pigeon
e. Sparrow

Q4. Find the missing pattern

BOQD : ERTG :: ANPC : ?

a. DQSF
b. FSHU
c. SHFU
d. DSQF

Q5. Find the missing number

5 : 24 :: 8 : ?

a. 65
b. 63
c. 62
d. 64

Q6. From the given choices select the odd man out

a. DFHEG
b. TWXUV
c. OQSPR
d. JLNKM

Q7. If HARD is coded as 1357 and SOFT is coded as 2468, what will 21448 stand for?

a. SHAFT
b. SHORT
c. SHOOT
d. SHART

Q8. Find the next number in the series

1, 6, 13, 22, 33, ......

a. 44
b. 45
c. 46
d. 47

Q9. The question contains some statements followed by some conclusions. Decide
which of the given conclusions logically follow from the given statements, disregarding
commonly known facts.

Statements:
I) All tomatoes are red.
II) All grapes are tomatoes.
Conclusions:
I) All grapes are red.
II) Some Tomatoes are grapes.

a. Only conclusion I follows.
b. Only conclusion II follows.
c. Neither I nor II follows
d. Both I and II follow.
e. Either I or II follows

Q9. Old woman's son is my daughter's uncle, then what relation has the old woman to
me ?

a. Sister
b. Mother
c. Grandmother
d. Mother - in - law

Q10. Ramu was facing East.He walked 4 km forward and then after turning to his
right walked 6 km. Again he turned to his right and walked 7 km. After this he turned

back.Which direction was he facing at the time?

a. East
b. North
c. South
d. West
e. North-East

Q11. Raman is not wearing purple and Aman is not wearing black.Raman and Sahil
wear different colours.Avinash alone wears green.What is Sahil's colour, if all four of
them are wearing different colours.

a. Green
b. Black
c. Purple
d. Can't Say

Q12. The question is followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide
which of the arguments is a strong argument and which is a weak argument.

Statement :
Should a total ban be put on trapping wild animals?
Arguments :
I. Yes, Trappers are making a lot of money.
II. No, bans on hunting and trapping are not effective.

a. Only argument I is strong.
b. Only argument II is strong.
c. Either I or II is strong.
d. Neither I nor II is strong.
e. Both I and II are strong

Q13. The question contains a statement followed by two Assumptions I and II. Find out
which assumption(s) is implicit.

Statements:
Vitamin E tablets improve circulation, keep your complexion in glowing condition.
Assumptions :
I. People like glowing complexion.
II. Complexion becomes dull in the absence of circulation.

a. Only assumption I is implicit
b. Only assumption II is implicit
c. Both assumption I and II are implicit.
d. Neither assumption I nor II is implicit

Q14. Study the statement(s) and the conclusions and select the correct option.

Statement :

No country is absolutely self - dependent these days.
Conclusions :
I. It is imposible to grow and produce all that a country needs.
II. Countrymen in general have become lazy.

a. Only Conclusion I follows
b. Only Conclusion II follows
c. Both the conclusion I and II follow
d. Either conclusion I or II follows
e. Neither conclusion I nor II follows


Q15. In the question a statement is followed by some courses of action . A course of
action is a step or administrative decisions to be taken for improvement, follow-up, or
further action in regard to the problem, policy, etc.You have to assume everything in
the statement to be true and then decide which of the given suggested course(s) of action
logically follows for pursuing.

Statement:
'The World Bank has approved a $ 300 million loan to finance a project to construct coal
ports by Madras Port Trusts.
Courses of Action :
I. India should take financial help from other international financial institutions to develop
such ports in other places.
II. India should not seek any help from the international financial institutions.

a. Only I follows
b. Only II follows
c. Either I or II follows
d. Neither I nor II follows
e. Both I and II follow.


About AMCAT

14 comments:

Unknown said...

please any one can provide answers..........!!for those questions

Anonymous said...

very useful

Anonymous said...

answer???????????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

1.C 2.b 3.a 4.a 5.b 6.d 7.c 8.c 9.b 10.a 12.a 13.c 14.a 15.d.As of i know.

Unknown said...

6b 9d 11d 13not sure 15a

mitu mishra jha said...

1-c,2-b,3-a,4-a,5-b,6-b,7-c,8-c,9-d,9-b,10-a,11-d

Anonymous said...

two Q9 are there

Anonymous said...

6-b is correct

Anonymous said...

9b ??

Unknown said...

a,b,a,a,b,d,b,c,c,d,c,d,d,b,b,a,b

Anonymous said...

c,b,b,a,b,b,c,c,d,c,c,d

Riya said...

9d, 9b (in the order of their occurance), 12 d, 13 d,14a, 15 a

Unknown said...

1 c ,2 b, 3 a, 4 a, 5 b , 6 b, 7 c, 9( second ) d, 10 a, 11 c.
These ans are correct so far!

Unknown said...

i need electrical question papers in amcat

Post a Comment